Friday, April 27, 2012

Cameos and Cupcakes for Mother's Day







I did a guest post at decoratethecake.blogspot.com. My friend Glenda gave me some molds to play with and I did. The molds are very easy to use even though they are detailed, they are easy to fill in multiple colors. I used a small cel stick to fill the small areas.  I froze the molds for a few minutes to make the gumpaste release easier.
 Round sugar cookies with fondant edged with a crimper.

Oval sugar cookies topped with cameos in settings.


This ribbon rose is so pretty. It is so fast to make with a mold!

 I cut out petit fours with an oval cookie cutter and glazed.
The mini cupcake liners are flattened to hold the oblong shape
and help hide the imperfections in the glaze.

This cupcake needs no sprinkles with all of the detail in the mold. Pearl luster dust, applied after the cameo dried, brought out every detail.

The ribbon rose is so versatile.  They released quite easily, just push them out slowly.

When applying multiple colors to a mold add a touch of water between layers to make sure everything sticks together.

 

I love the cameo in blue.


Cameo and ribbon rose molds decoratethecake.com 
Shabby chic rose digital paper etsy.com/shop/ClipArtCorner
Pastel Alphabet Collection  etsy.com/shop/michellekirsch


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just ran into your blog! I love your cakes! But these cameos are the best thing I've ever seen! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete