Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cupcakes and Mold Making

A lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting decorated with a molded
fondant cupcake.
Making silicone molds is very simple. I use silicone plastique from makeyourownmolds.com
As you can see I bought a lifetime supply.  I bought the materials at the Oklahoma Sugar
Art Show and did not have to pay shipping so I got the large bucket. All you have to do
is mix the two compounds together until they are a uniform color. 
The modeling material is workable for about 20 minutes. First apply a thin layer over the item
you want to mold then, completely cover it. I used a cupcake eraser. It is a little messy and
sticky so working on silpat is helpful.

The mold takes about one hour, and sometimes more, to completely dry.
The mold is ready to use. That's it! I have been wanting to mold this
cupcake eraser for awhile. I love how it turned out.
I think it is perfect for Valentine's Day.


I used a large french pastry tip to decorate the cupcakes.
The one I have is an Ateco 9FT.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment