Wednesday, September 14, 2011

School Colors Chocolate Bark

It's the middle of September and school is in full swing. College students have returned to campus, soccer games have begun. I have more time for baking and more occasions to bake for. I am always looking for new ways to do things. Incorporating school colors into dessert tables, college care packages and parties is on my mind this time of year.
For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Truman Bark. My ideas don't usually come to me this way. I am not sure this idea is even worthy of losing sleep over. But, I decided I may as well try it, now that the image has implanted itself so firmly in my mind.

School Color Bark
10 ounces white chocolate couverture
4 ounces school color couverture
1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate on half power in 15 second intervals, stirring well each time. Be careful not to overheat, white chocolate should not even feel warm to the touch. Much of the melting will take place during the stirring.  When it is melted and silky, stir in the macadamia nuts, reserving the small bits to sprinkle on top. Pour into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper.

Meanwhile, melt the second color of chocolate in the same way. If you are confident in your chocolate melting, you can melt both at the same time, stirring one chocolate while the other is in the microwave and then switching. If it is your first time melting chocolate, don't try it.

Swirl the second color on top in a pleasing pattern. Allow to cool and set at room temperature for two hours. It does not need refrigeration. Break into about 30 pieces.

The variations are endless. Let me know what colors and combinations you come up with.





I am so proud of my Barry Cacao gloves. It is helpful to wear gloves when working with chocolate to prevent fingerprints and melting the chocolate. You can buy ordinary white ones at any cake and candy supply shop.


If your mascot is something easy like a bulldog, you may find a chocolate mold for it and you can add that to the bark.




Photography     Marisa Gearin
Twine     The Twinery
Tags    SpikeandPippa at etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment